Famous First Lines............


Let's see if you can tell the names of these immensely famous novels by their equally famous first lines...

  1. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife. 


    2.  Mr and Mrs Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much

    3.   If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born and what my lousy childhood was like.


    4.    In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.



    5.    All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.



Answers :



1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen. 2. Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone by J.K. Rowling. 3. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. 4.The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. 5.  Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)