''Sorting Out Sid - Beer and Blogger Contest''

'Sorting Out Sid '
Meet Sid, a master at the art of denial, in this hilarious, insightful tale of modern-day living and relationships.

Book Description-
Siddharth Agarwal a.k.a. Sid has it all – a fifteen-year-long marriage, a bunch of devoted friends, and the chance to be the company’s youngest-ever VP, all at the age of thirty-six.

But, behind the scenes, his life is slowly falling apart, what with his marriage on the rocks, parents who treat him like a delinquent child, and overly-interfering, backstabbing friends. And that’s not even counting the manipulative HR vixen and the obnoxious boss he must tackle in office.

So, when lovely, spunky single mom Neha materializes in his life, she brings into it a ray of hope. But will she cause the brewing storm to finally erupt?

Who said it would be easy sorting out Sid? For Book extract visit here.


I stumbled on Y's Blog today and quite unbelievably, today itself I am writing this post! Guess, I am much intrigued by Sid and her creator both and equally. I just cannot directly take part in the contest without writing about Y and don't ask Y? First I saw her pic with her son and he was like about to eat rather gulp her. Sweet .Then I saw this -


Welcome to Y's World

Starring:
Vijay: The Harried, Married Man


Y: The Queen of the Castle

Peanut: The Princess, always trying to dethrone me

Pickle & Papad: Double the trouble, double the fun

...and other assorted characters we bump into, along the way...


I am bowled over by it. Efficient, hilarious, sweet and short. Just the way a writer should be.
This description of her world egged me to take up the contest. Unlikely but true. 

Now for the person who needs sorting. No, sorting part Y must have done in her book ... she is asking WHY  we are interested in his sorting  out ?

 Well, here is my reason 
           
I would like to read 'Sorting out Sid 'because Sid's world  seems so different from mine's. The marketing/corporate job which looks so heartless / corrupt to me, the fat pay cheque which is alien to me, the 'settled' life, wife, parents.... everything seems SO unlike the life which I had/am  experiencing personally or on the behalf of friends and relatives.
I want to get this different world feel as I know that - though with money, power and success life-style changes but the person who is living it , does not! Deep down the wishes , the longings even ambitions are same and eternal. Somewhat camouflaged, yet quiet similar....
If one person's ambition is to buy a car irrespective of brand and other's perhaps, an island in Caribbean, its the same if one only ask why? The answer will be something like - to see happiness and pride on our parent's faces, bliss on loved one's countenance and a carefree glow on kids , to have peace and privacy.... The objectives are same the paths differ. The problems are the same manipulative bosses, superficial relations, stressed out life and somewhere amidst all the urge to deliver your best, experience bliss, have stable relations, true friendship..... Its like asking for a calming adventure and a thrilling peace!
 So,I feel that if Sid needs to be sorted out no matter if its done amidst beer mugs or Lassi jugs, its gonna be interesting and hilarious and I am very curious to know his psyche` and his life. The entry of Neha.. how will he react ?Contest or no contest I am gonna read it from A-Z. And again please don't ask Y?
The book is available at Flipcart right here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there - do you think you could please send me your postal address at yashodhara dot lal at gmail dot com?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your views make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)