Ask For A Wish

IndiBlogger BadgeThis beautiful poem I found on Face book and saved it immediately.Later at leisure I searched on the poetess Dora Owen and came to know about her only book "The Book Of Fairy Poetry" which is an anthology of poems on fairies,gnomes,elves and other fantastic creatures, came out in 1920 and it included the only poem she ever wrote- this one!
Now it has been learnt by heart and is added to the ever growing list of lullabies-cum-night time songs. My children loved it and are asking for it every night! 
Hopes your precious ones will also like this sweet little nugget on elves and fairies full of forlorn charm.

                                                                    Sweet Dreams 
                                                                         Happy Day #50

22 comments:

  1. Dear Kokila, such a beautiful poem I must try to remember it so that I can share it with my granddaughters the next time I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it and am sur your granddaughters will also like it . I've seen them in the pictures of your last visit to them.They are adorable and have aright to know ALL about fairies:) though with a gran-ma like you they sure are lucky! Bless them.... and their tender age of childhood.Your comments mean a lot
      .Love n wishes , Kokila

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely poem it is ! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pleasure is mine in sharing....Thanks and Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  3. It is such good poem and I am saving it as well. And now joggling my way to Google on this books and the author. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it ..... and a good site for it is https://archive.org/details/bookoffairypoetr00owen AND http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/faeriedancer/page3.html
      Happy reading :) Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  4. Short and sweet, if you sing in a tune I am sure it will sound good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Indrani, I must definitely try.... only on listening to MY 'besure' attempts kids will hardly sleep :D

      Delete
  5. It really transports you to a world of imaginations.

    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the blog Neeraj and Glad to know that you liked it . Yes , it is mesmerizing :) Thanks for your comments , Kokila

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hmm... I completely believe...To one such you just messaged :D

      Delete
  7. this is simply outstanding... wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you its sweet,simple and outstanding..Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete

Your views make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)