FRIENDS !

Top Post on IndiBloggerHere is a beautiful poem 'Friends' which I chanced across internet and saved it instantly.It captures the carefree innocence of childhood in simple and pleasant words. The silvery, bell like euphonious quality of the words is enhanced by Donald Zolan painting, and like his other paintings this also portrays the carefree spirit of childhood while in lap of nature.

 Merry Recital !


"How good to lie a little while

And look up through the tree!
The Sky is like a kind big smile
Bent sweetly over me.

   The Sunshine flickers through the lace
   Of leaves above my head,
   And kisses me upon the face
  Like Mother, before bed.

The Wind comes stealing o'er the grass
To whisper pretty things;
And though I cannot see him pass,
I feel his careful wings.
Happy Day # 54

                                        So many gentle  Friends are near,
Whom one can scarcely see,
A child should never feel a fear,
Wherever he may be."
                                                                              BY -                            Abbie Farwell Brown
Painting : Donald Zohan
Image courtesy : Internet

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Any time Anita... and thanks for reading and commenting dear :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful share, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kokila for the beautiful share..and a really nice blog you have..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ranita , Welcome to the blog.. glad you liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. My pleasure that you liked it Shayar Saahab !

      Delete
  6. nice poem .. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really happy that you liked it... Ankur :)

      Delete
  7. A wonderful share :-) lovely painting. I am glad I am catching up all posts today at leisure
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am thankful That I AM catching up with all you comment love today dear .... !! Million thanks Ruchi :)

      Delete
  8. What a lovely poem! Reading it refreshed my mind with childhood memories. Thank you for sharing, Kokila!

    ReplyDelete

Your views make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)