Snow-Falling-Effect

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

# My Dream Library

Even a nook is sufficient for readers !
IndiBlogger Badge
First things first. 
Bless the person who asked me to write on this :)
Hmm...
"It's only a room with shelves and books,
 but it's far more magical then it looks."

As my dream library is still going to be a time for sometime (may be more like this life time :)) what else can be better then writing about it. 
It involves the conceptualisation, planning, altering, arrangement of books , visualising and writing about it all!!! What a pleasure :D Praise the lord er.. the fellow blogger.

Now for the topic-

"I love my books as drinkers love their wine..
The more I drink , the more they feel divine "

I believe that books can offer you wisdom, joy and understanding  anywhere anytime. Its only when you start to fall in love with them as drinkers love their wine that you feel the desire for a personal library.

A GREEN view , A comfy couch ,a fire place and a rug ... Perfect !
According to me,a state or city library needs to be stacked of books on every conceivable topic under the sun,have to be opulent, grand, majestic and stately with big granite floors and sweeping halls. But a personal library is a cosy affair.


LIGHT tones, with bright hints, ample sun and comfy couches.
Well, my dream Library is going to be full of books (LOL) but will not be stacked by them. The books will offer you glimpse of me in their selection.

My library will be a place to relax and unwind while you read. It will allow you to ponder on what you will be reading. It will be cosy, quiet, and subdued yet vibrant.

BIG  WINDOW for SUNSHINE 
It MUST have a big window to allow the sunlight and must offer a green view barring the noise.
 My library will have a comfortable couch ,a thick rug and a rocking chair to choose from as a seat of reading.
It will have my personal touch in earthen soothing tones of rugs and couch only to be perked up by bright shades of cushions .


The big bay window must have pastel breezy curtains to show life when I open the window for a whiff of fresh air.

Additional  Accessories
 A fireplace, a coffee maker, a pot full of fresh blooms ,some simple stationary  as pencils, erasers etc , book mark holders, a small unobtrusive table with drawers to hold all this stuff and my laptop with charger!!
Such will be my dream library.
Its Loved and the books treasured
 But the crux of the matter is the BOOKS. 

The joy and the wisdom which we acquire from them , the gossip, the undesirable habits of youth from which a bookworm is saved because of being too engrossed behind the pages... this all is what which is more important then having a dream library. The goal is what is between the pages.
So, till the dream is fulfilled I am very pleased and satisfied with my this study-cum-library nook in my Bangalore Apartment.
My present library

Here in its three walls, half lined with books - simplicity of Premchand meets the burlesque  reality of Austen, Shivani's  'jatil naari hriday' beats near to Christiie's bubbly girl sleuths and Mahadevi's 'karuna v peeda' intermingles with Hardy's tragedy and Lawrence's pathos.

I am blessed to be able to read and that is enough   ... as someone had said "A Library is not a luxury but a necessity of life" 
So,
 A perfect library needs only BOOKS ! 
Yes, I still have a dream that questions - 
"What will your dream library looks like ?"
But the answer you now know,I guess .

The post is written in response to Indispire's 'what will your dream library look like # Dream Library' 

31 comments:

  1. Imagine a bibliophile being asked to write about their dream library I would have gone mad :D you still managed to maintain senses and did a fab job :D and yes mine would be quite similar :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you- the amazing writer, it means a lot to me.... Thanks for your lovely comment,Library or no library.... happy reading n writing, Love, Kokila

      Delete
  2. Very nice library! Totally necessary :)
    The one in your home looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita, my home being on the top floor actually the library is tad hot in summers :D but yes when you read everything is cool. You are most welcome to it... Thanks for the lovely comment :)

      Delete
  3. wow I would definitely love to have this type of library :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna for your comment... its precious.

      Delete
  4. Wow.. loved your thoughts and imaginations.. i wish i could have a classic, secret library , secret archives section..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice thoughts ! I liked your secret library and archive thing :D with codes and ciphers and clues hidden in parchments..... if you start something someday you know now where to find a partner :) ... Thanks for visiting and sharing your original thoughts... ye secret archive sort of thing mujhe hamesha yaad rahegi.. :)

      Delete
  5. aha.. while reading i created a paracosm of it .. nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved your comment Ankur. you used the word paracosm .... what is left to say and imagine now ? Thanks for your sweet comment ...yes,for me also its a real paracosm. :) Happy reading .

      Delete
  6. Somehow even I have always thought of a library with a comfortable couch and a fireplace.. it all makes it so warm and comfy.. loved your elaborate post..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Manjilika for your sweet comment :) And yes even I have this idea of fireplace in the library, right from my childhood though I sweltered in North Indian heat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm I wish I had one beautiful library like this. so beautiful and makes you feel calm.
    Thanks for the post Kokila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm Its true.Even I wish the same .But, Sometimes I wonder how we , humans are wired? when we do have calm we search for adventure, thrill and thus explore, invent, write and create.... and when we are in between of all the happenings, we yearn for calm !! Perhaps its plain boredom which we don't want .Thanks giving me a point to ponder :) Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  9. I don't think I will ever want to come out of these kind of libraries.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true !! But there is ONE thing which can make me abandon my book in middle and emerge from such a library..... your mesmerizing, crystal clear photos of far off places... inviting and tempting me to move and wander and click ............. I like your clicks hands down and despite loving them, gaping them online, I will NEVER frame them in any of my room as they will make it impossible for me to stay at home !!

      Delete
  10. Haha ! Thanks for the blessing ;) ! Your present library is wonderful. Mine is somewhat similar but with more storage space. All the best for constructing your dream library

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! So here is the guy who started it all.... :) Well done! you have no idea how much happiness you have provided me and many other bibliophiles. Special mention to 'I am S(t)ri' blogger who was jumping up and down on reading your prompt !! As for me my blessings are with you always... May U come with such more 'bookish' ideas ... thanks for your sweet comments and keep visiting :)

      Delete
  11. Hi my new buddy! It's me Stri :P :P Wowie... Your dream library looks yummy! Yeah, yummy that I wish I stay here totally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH HO !! I was reading your name here as something mistry :P
      then the first line itself solved the mystery...
      who else could be that much fun,
      but the one n only S(t)ri.
      Thanks for visiting buddy ... Be in touch :)

      Delete
  12. A rocking chair – yes, there must always be a rocking chair, and another really comfy one for the days when you just want to snuggle down. I loved reading about your dream library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A lot and you are Most welcome in this heavenly abode .Though with your priceless, antique collection of book, library or no library.. any ramshackle place with a bench to sit will do fine :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks A lot and you are Most welcome in this heavenly abode .Though with your priceless, antique collection of book, library or no library.. any ramshackle place with a bench to sit will do fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thanks Rupam and welcome to the blog ....

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thanks Sougata .... Bangalore weather is a boon to this dream :)

      Delete
  16. Kokila, I felt like someone is voicing my soul words here :-) wonderful thoughts, I am also looking forward to my wonderful library, kinda old school, needs books to touch to read :-) esp with that bright sunshine window corner with chaise lounge :-D take care. Good Wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruchi Thanksa lot dear.... your comment-love is strewn through out my blog like rose petals in books... I never know from where one might fell down caressing my feelings !
      Yeah the dream library is a dream worth chasing but I know that we both agree on it that books after all are more important :)

      Delete
  17. Wow! I wish I could have that Library too :) Till then I have to cope up with pile of books spread here and there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be a great feeling to live amid that pile ..I am sure of that :) Till you got your library ...it sounds an awesome way of living :) *Thumbs up *)
      Welcome to the blog :)

      Delete

Your views and thoughts make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...