Inexplicable Happiness!

This is hardly a picture of happiness. 
The child lying down on a bare rock on a seemingly sunny day. Hola!the day  was perfectly lit but was far from sunny and on the top of that rock, it's cold and windy.
Happy Day 98
My precious little daughter was so happy by the gusts of wind that her little heart welled up with emotion and she lied down to kiss the rock... 'mother nature' she called it. 

I clicked pictures fearing the moment may pass soon but, was mildly surprised to see her lying there as if sleeping. I hovered uncertainly for a minute then left her on her own and sat a little away from her. She was still. Her brother explored the whole area making as much noise as one kid can manage on his own but, she was there unperturbed... standing up only when it was time for us to leave.

Later in the car, when I asked her what she was doing lying there on the rock? She said, "I was 'loving' the rock mother nature for making me so happy"
"Did you feel sleepy?" I prompted
"No, just chain (calm). But, the next time, I'll take a pillow and sleep" she smiled. 
It was her way to express gratitude for the 'rocky mother nature' as it had provided her with a wonderful experience. What was wonderful exactly, she could not put in words and I stopped probing afraid to spoil her moment.

 I was overwhelmed with an inexplicable gratitude and it made the image right for the Happy day.

24 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post Kokila, and I know how your daughter feels. I have a habit of hugging trees, there is just something wonderful in getting so close to Mother Nature. My husband thinks I’m stark raving made when I stop to hug a tree or talk to a flower – but it does nobody any harm and makes me happy – so why not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELCOME back.....I am so glad to have you back .... In checking about you that sweet little ZZzzzzzzzz...... boy image has been engraved in my ind :D And as for Pihu, she feels (am not using the word love) nature... don't know if she will care for it on growing up but she has a sensitivity towards it .She is lulled to a 'sleep/trance like' stage when pure nature is around and I am not at all worrying if she is on YOUR trail.You seems to be a warm and caring person.. let her be like you... :) love n wishes.

      Delete
  2. Ahww thats really sweet.. Cute innocent and so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, innocence is a virtue ...:) wish she'll lose ignorance and never the innocence . Thanks Vinay :)

      Delete
  3. So sweet of her Kokila :-) It's really adorable and praiseworthy that she has such a nice feeling for Mother Nature... :-) God bless ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maniparna for your blessings :).... she really needs them in tons on may other fronts :P

      Delete
    2. :-D....

      no new post ? missing your writings... :-)

      Delete
    3. Oho !!! missing me ...! writings...eh ?
      On FaceBook its equivalent to - " the feeling when you are part of somebody's profile pic :D :D" Thanks a ton Maniparna :)

      Delete
  4. Hello Kokila thank you so much for visiting my blog. Looks like your.er loves nature so I am sure her love for nature will be with her always even when she grows up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Shashi for stopping by! For Pihu all we can do is to provide a positive environment... rest is wait n watch ...:) and I liked your blog and its name... a sweet opposite of mine's :P

      Delete
  5. I meant to say your daughter will always love nature even when she grows up. Sorry writing from iPad has its pit falls :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol....Its Okay ... apologies from e for a late reply :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks! But you can NOT mean the photograph :P :D

      Delete
  7. Many thanks for sharing little Pihu's moments with nature. It goes to prove only when we are in tune with nature do we experience "peace" (chain). Thanks Kokila for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dilip for your sweet comment :) You are right in your words... we can get 'chain' in nature only if we are in harmony with it... :)

      Delete
  8. Wow.. Such a sweet post Kokila..Children knows how to appreciate simple things..We must learn from them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nagini ...they show us how to enjoy life's little pleasure...thanks for visiting dear :)

      Delete
  9. Such profound thoughts from one so young... beautiful.
    My first glimpse of the picture and I was thinking, it looks like she is flying - I guess in her mind she was :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comment !! I guess, your guess is more apt then mine ...she was flying to that 'chain' peace :) wishes :)

      Delete
  10. Looks like she is planking :) It was an internet rage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for a late reply Sougata :(
      have to google for planking ! and what joyless activity it seemed to me !! Guess, I am getting old n rusty... :P :)

      Delete

Your views make this blog work ...Thanks a lot. :)